Tats and Hands

Tats and Hands

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thomas the Tank Engine = Pure Joy


This Christmas was a sad/happy one in the least... sad in the factor that it was the first year that Lolo and Liam spent it without a TRUE father figure in their life, yeah Michael was there but there truly was no interaction coming from him to the boys (in my opinion), I expected it to be a hard one on the boys so my mom and myself spoiled the the snot out of the two of them this year...though it might sooner or later turn out to be a bad thing lol oh well it brings smiles to their faces every time I bust out the THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE BOX....Lolo squeals with delight and Liam laughs at his brother.

It takes quite a bit of talent/time to set up the tracks but it gives me peace and quiet while they play for easily an hour....the thing is massive though and if we don't clean up the tracks before bed time, there are usually a few curses coming from my mouth and my mom's as we step on them during the middle of the night. There is one train this year especially that my aunt Barbara wanted to get Lolo (her youngest went though a Thomas stage and she still has all of his, lol) it is a battery powered train that you just hit the button on the top and it just circles the track over and over.

Lolo and this train go EVERYWHERE together, he will set it up against the wall on one end of the hall, hit the button and run down to the other end and hide around the corner, every once awhile peeking his head around the corner and screaming with terror/delight that its "going to get him". He's even tried to bring it in the bath with him because "Dirty! Dirty! Splash! Splash!" he so concernedly tells me, he's also been known to try and fed it some of his food (he's also done this with his other favorite toy, a T-Rex, but that's another story) because the train was hungry or so he says. It may seem silly to some people/parents but I allow him these little delights (expect for the tub, lol) because he's only a kid once, and if it doesn't put a risk to his health, body, or mind then I say why not....



1 comment:

  1. CUTE! I love that you are blogging about that. for reals. I hope your foot/leg is ok btw. Love ya girlie

    ReplyDelete